The Way to Salvation
First--You Need to be Saved
- "Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3
- "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:23
- "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord Hath laid on him the iniquity of us all." Isaiah 53:6
- "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Jeremiah 17:9
Second--You Cannot Save Yourself
Salvation is not a reward for being nice, it is a gift of God for all sinners.
"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Proverbs 14:12
"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness." Romans 4:5
- "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:" Ephesians 2:8
- "Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:9
- "..by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified." Galatians 2:16
- "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;" Titus 3:5
Third -- Jesus Has Already Provided for Your Complete Salvation
- When Jesus was on the cross He said, "it is finished," and the plan of redemption was complete.
- "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
- "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God." 1 Peter 3:18
- "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation." Hebrews 9:28
- "Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish." Luke 13:3
- "He is not willing for any to perish but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9
- "And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." Acts 16:31
- If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:9
Confess Your Sins to Jesus
- "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" 1 Timothy 2:5
- "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9
- You don't have the promise of tomorrow. Believe on Jesus Christ now!
- "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" Mark 8:36
- "...behold, now is the day of salvation." 2 Corinthians 6:2
- "Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:" Isaiah 55:6
Now That You Know Jesus
- "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us." Psalm 103:12
- -The Holy Spirit gives us the assurance of our salvation.
- "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:" Romans 8:16
- - With your sins forgiven, there is new joy and excitement in serving the Lord. God never remembers ours past sins anymore. That means you can also forget your past sins and start a new life.
- "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17
- - A life in Jesus Christ is a new commitment. It is also a relationship with our risen Savior. That makes it important for you to find a good Bible believing church. Worshipping with God's people will help to strengthen your love and faith.
- "I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD." Psalm 122:1
Read Your Bible
- -Jesus told us to go into all the world and make disciples. That means there will be new challenges and new decisions for you to make while serving the Lord. God's word will guide you in everything you do.
- "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." Psalm 119:11
- "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:" 1 Peter 2:2
Jesus Will Help You To Overcome Temptation
- "Jesus will never leave you nor forsake you in times of trouble." Hebrews 13:5
- Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 5:1
- - Your enemy is the devil, and not the Lord Jesus Christ. The bible tells us that, "if we will draw near to God and resist the devil, he (the devil) will flee from us." James 4:7
- "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." 1 Corinthians 10:13
- "The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished" 2 Peter 2:9